Dear JASMIN users,
This message includes information about the following:
1. Update on SLURM & CentOS7 LOTUS cluster
2. New MPI implementation on LOTUS
3. SLURM/LOTUS webinar
4. LSF-managed LOTUS resources to be reduced from mid-June.
Important reminder about the timescale: the current batch system will be unavailable after the end of June 2020. After this, users will be expected to use SLURM.
Details of the update
1. A sub-cluster of LOTUS with the CentOS7 systems, and managed by the new batch scheduler SLURM, is now available for testing using the serial and the parallel SLURM queues (partitions): ‘short-serial’, ‘test’. ‘par-single’ and ‘par-multi’. All LOTUS users should familiarise with SLURM ahead of the changeover. See:
2. The OpenMPI library is the only supported MPI library on the CentOS7 cluster managed by SLURM. OpenMPI v3.1.1 and v4.0.0 are provided which are fully MPI3-compliant. See:
3. A webinar on transitioning from LSF to SLURM is scheduled on Thursday 18th June. Further details will be provided in due course.
4. LSF-managed LOTUS resources will be reduced from mid-June. All LOTUS hosts will be moved to CentOS7 and managed by SLURM by the end of June.
Plans for updates to mass-cli1 and jasmin-cylc servers: We are currently working on replacements for the "mass-cli1" and "jasmin-cylc" servers. More information about the new configurations will be provided in future communications.
Previous announcements on this topic are detailed here: http://www.jasmin.ac.uk/articles/vm-migration/
Thank you for your attention and please look out for further updates as this work progresses.
CEDA and JASMIN Team