Dear JASMIN users,
New MASS client server is available
Old mass-cli1.ceda.ac.uk server will be retired on Tuesday 17th November
Old jasmin-cylc.ceda.ac.uk has been retired
JASPY default version was updated on Tuesday 3rd November
Reminder to use the new login, sci and xfer servers
1. The new CentOS7 MASS mass-cli.jasmin.ac.uk server is now available for use.
2. Please migrate your workflows from the old mass-cli1.ceda.ac.uk server which will be turned off on Tuesday 17th November.
3. The old JASMIN cylc server jasmin-cylc.ceda.ac.uk was retired on Tuesday 3rd November. Please use the new JASMIN cylc server: cylc.jasmin.ac.uk
4. The default JASPY environment has been upgraded to: "jaspy/3.7/r20200606". This can be enabled using "module load jaspy" from Tuesday 3rd November. See: here
5. As previously announced, the old login, xfer and sci servers have now been retired. Please use the new servers with the new domain name *.jasmin.ac.uk listed here.
6. SLURM update: As previously mentioned https://www.ceda.ac.uk/blog/lotusslurm-issues-update/, we have now added more compute resources to LOTUS and redistributed them among specific SLURM scheduling queues. We continue to adjust the fair-share configuration of SLURM. It could take 2-3 weeks to have the desired effect on the overall jobs throughput. It is also anticipated that the SLURM scheduling queues will be restructured and a policy of resource usage and share between communities will be devised.
Support for parallel NetCDF libraries (under /apps/jasmin/) is in progress. More information will be provided soon.
Update on JASMIN software on CentOS7 hosted on "/apps/contrib/": work is in progress to update and migrate software installed under: "/apps/contrib/" to a new partition “/apps/jasmin/”. More information will be provided soon.
Thank you for your attention and please look out for further updates as this work progresses.
CEDA and JASMIN Team