Dear JASMIN users,
1. New CentOS7 MASS client server
2. Old jasmin-cylc.ceda.ac.uk to be retired on Tuesday 3rd November.
3. JASPY default version will be updated on Tuesday 3rd November.
4. Reminder to use the new login, sci and xfer servers
5. Closing down LSF and removing access to LOTUS head node
6. Support for parallel NetCDF libraries (under /apps/jasmin/)
7. ESMValTool installed on JASMIN
Details of the update
1. The new CentOS7 MASS mass-cli.jasmin.ac.uk server is now available for use. Please migrate your workflows from the old mass-cli1.ceda.ac.uk server which will be turned off on Tuesday 17th November .
2. The old JASMIN cylc server jasmin-cylc.ceda.ac.uk will be retired on Tuesday 3rd November. Please use the new JASMIN cylc server cylc.jasmin.ac.uk
3. The JASPY module environment available via ‘module add jaspy’ will by default enable the most recent release of JASPY such as "jaspy/3.7/r20200606" from Tuesday 3rd November. See: here
4. As previously announced, old login, xfer and sci servers have now been retired. Please use the new servers with the new domain name *.jasmin.ac.uk listed here.
5. The old batch scheduler LSF will be closed and access to the LOTUS head node lotus.jc.rl.ac.uk will be disabled on Wednesday 28th October. If you need to retrieve any job accounting information from past jobs (up to the last 3 months) on LSF so please do as soon as possible. We will proceed with the decommissioning plan for LSF very soon.
6. Support for parallel NetCDF libraries (under /apps/jasmin/) is in progress. More information will be provided soon.
7. ESMValTool installed on JASMIN: the Earth System Model Evaluation Tool (ESMValTool) has been installed on JASMIN as a community package. See more info here.
SLURM performance: An update about current SLURM performance issues will be provided in a separate communication before the end of this week.
Update on JASMIN software on CentOS7 hosted on "/apps/contrib/": work is in progress to update and migrate software installed under: "/apps/contrib/" to a new partition “/apps/jasmin/”. More information will be provided soon.
Thank you for your attention and please look out for further updates as this work progresses.
CEDA and JASMIN Team