We have recently added some additional forecast fields available to the ERA-40 dataset held at the BADC. Due to user demand additional single/surface level forecasts have been extracted as follows in the ERA-40 archive:
- "Maximum/Minimum temperature at 2m since previous post-processing"
(MX2T/MN2T) are available at additional forecast steps of +3/+6/+9/+12 hours from both the 00hr and 12hr analyses. Sampling the data at this frequency captures the maximum (or minimum) between each post-processing step (3-hourly frequency).
- A number of other variables are available at additional forecast steps of +6/+12/+18/+24/+30/+36 hours from both the 00hr and 12hr analyses. These variables are mainly moisture-related fields that are accumulated with time. The data was extracted to allow greater investigation into moisture-related fields within the ERA-40 dataset.
The variables are:
- Snow evaporation (accum.) [ES]
- Snow melt (accum.) [SMLT]
- Large scale precipitation fraction (accum.) [LSPF]
- Large scale precipitation (accum.) [LSP]
- Convective precipitation (accum.) [CP]
- Snow fall (accum.) [SF]
- Evaporation (accum.) [E]
- Runoff (accum.) [RO]
- Instantaneous surface moisture flux (evaporation) [IE]
- Convective snow fall (accum.) [CSF]
- Large scale snow fall (accum.) [LSF]
- Wind gusts at 10 m [10FG]
- Boundary layer height [BLH]
25th October 2005